Etomica depends on various 3rd-party libraries, mostly to provide graphical capabilities. This page describes how to tell Eclipse how to use them. The 3rd-party libraries are available for download on the Etomica web site.
- You will need the following jars:
- ptolemy.jar (from ptplot, for plotting)
- Jama.jar (linear algebra)
- fop.jar, batik-all.jar and xml-apis-ext.jar (for displaying graphs, used by etomica.graph)
- these are all included in the FOP download.
- Unzip the archives to some location.
- From the menu, select Window->Preferences
- Select Java->Build Path->User Libraries
- Click the New... button.
- Give the library a name like "all", hit OK.
- Click the "Add External JARs..." button.
- Select the jars you downloaded and hit OK.
- You can select multiple jars at once, or you can click "Add External JARs..." again to add them one at a time.
- For each Etomica project in Eclipse,
- Select the project in Package Explorer, and then select File->Properties.
- Select Java Build Path.
- In the "libraries" tab, click the Add Library... button.
- Select User Library and click the Next> button.
- Click the checkbox for the library you created.
- Click the Finish button.